RTOPO 3.3 CAD for topography: editing XYZ files, triangulation, isolines, sections
This program also has a reduced version RTOPO LT, at a very convenient price!
Through its own CAD system (called RCAD), specialized for 3D and for a large number of entities, you can:
- Load and draw a XYZ file of points having the format: Number X Y Z Code; the drawing is made by POINT, 3DPOLY, SPLINE or BLOCK entities, according to a modifiable library of codes,
- Edit interactively the points (modify, delete or add); you can modify the coordinates, the code and the position (in 3DPOLY or SPLINE),
- Triangulate the points on a convex hull or between an external contour and possibly more interior contours; “3dpoly” and “spline” RTOPO entities are actually break lines for triangulation; RTOPO has now a fast triangulation (millions of points in a few minutes),
- Do isolines (contour lines) and color-filled contour map,
- Do cross sections and longitudinal profile,
- Achieve the interface files with the MicroPiste Setra program, for road design
- Draw watersides in sections,
- Do the projection of several PLine entities over a triangulation,
- Do the conversion of a triangulation to a regular grid of points,
- Do the conversion of the existing isolines resulting from maps in points and then in a triangulation,
- Represent the geological stratification resulting from drilling,
- Calculate 3D area, center of gravity and the volume of some bodies limited by 3DFACE entities, between two triangulations or between a triangulation and a plane (soil excavation or cut and fill for earthworks, for example),
- Calculate the area of a closed 3D POLYLINE which may have holes (defined by other closed 3D POLYLINE),
- Intersect and divide two triangulations (or two sets of 3dmesh and 3dface entities) or a triangulation by a horizontal plane,
- Interpolate a set of 3DFACE entities, using quartic triangular patches with G1 continuity,
- Transform a drawing containing entities as PLine (3dpoly), Line, Block and Text, in points having codes and then in a triangulation,
- Represent 4D points cloud: “x y z r g b”, “x y z s” or “x y z r g b s” formats; 4D data are plotted based on color or based on a scalar and a legend of colors,
- Import and export of LandXML file type; so you have an interface to other programs for surveying or civil engineering (eg Advanced Road Design (Civil Site Design) and AutoCAD Civil 3D).
RCAD CAD system, distributed together with RTOPO, provides OpenGL real-time orbit, pan, zoom, shading, lighting and motion path animation. RCAD is similar with other popular CAD systems and can load and save DXF files. It has entries in the command text area, graphics area, menus and toolbars. It has commands for drawing and modification. RCAD can also run scripts and can be called from other programs.
Requirements: Windows 98/XP/Vista/7/8/10/11 (32 or 64 bits) and graphic card with OpenGL hardware acceleration. RTOPO also works on older and underperforming computers.
- View documentation!
- View animated demo!
- Video with editing XYZ point files!
- View 3d intersect and divide animated demo!
- View transformation in points animated demo!
- View how to calculate the area of a 3D Polyline (for example a road area), using RTOPO software!
You can also buy very conveniently RTOPO LT version, which contains only: loading and drawing XYZ files of points, triangulation, contour lines and color-filled contour maps. You can also draw 4D points cloud and process hundreds of thousands of points or triangles, even on less powerful PCs.
We also have another program for topography, TRIANGULATION for AutoCAD + DWG to Google Earth, that runs under AutoCAD or BricsCAD. It has some of the RTOPO’s commands, but, in addition, it can draw a DWG file in Google Earth, by generating a KML file type.
RTOPO examples :
Click on any image and wait for the presentation to take place. You can move to the next or previous image, you can stop, restart or quit the presentation by pressing the corresponding button.